Day 72

 13-03-10



This photo wasn't taken to be shown but after looking through all the photos I took once downloaded to my laptop I just had to share it afterall.
This is part of the Coachhouse Marina Resort at Batemans Bay, NSW.
A year ago Alex and I had our wedding reception there and as part of our package we were given a free nights accommodation for our first anniversary which is tomorrow.
I don't know why but it didn't occur to me that there could have been a wedding there this weekend and there was.
This couple got married on the headlands of the resort whereas Alex and I got married on a different beach but their reception was in the marquee like we chose to do.
This photo is from the villa we're staying in tonight and while we were killing a bit of time before going to a beach with the boys I snapped a few photos through the blinds with the zoom lens so I could have a sticky beak and see what their setup was like. ;)
While this photo doesn't really show their wedding (I have other better close up photos) I noticed it does show the villa (on the right) we stayed in and I got ready in for our wedding.
I can still see my hairstylist arriving and asking me what was wrong after seeing the look on my face when I found out our photographer had cancelled due to being sick and I can totally remember being so in awe of the beautiful bouquets the florist had made when she delivered them.
I honestly can't believe it's only been a year since Alex and I got married.
Spose that's what happens when you're together for so long beforehand!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

I can't believe it's only been a year either!

Anonymous said...

Dang it. I was hoping for an awesome storm photo.

Post a Comment